Jewish Flavor: Festival of Daughters Feast
in North African countries, the seventh night of Chanukah is known as the Festival of the Daughters, a celebration of Judith, the Jewish heroine who defeated the Assyrians and their general Holofernes using nothing but cheese latkes and a big knife. In honor of this feminist holiday, follow along Chef Vered Guttman as she prepares a diverse array of Chanukah classics from around the world.
Our menu for the class will be:
• Hungarian lángos – fried potato dough with sour cream
• Tunisian black spinach stew with butter beans and lamb (Pkaila) (with a vegan variation)
• Quick butter and cream couscous
• Polish/Russian cheese latkes (Syrniki)
Full recipe packet and shopping list to come.
Participants will receive a zoom link to the virtual class in their confirmation email and 2 hours before the class begins.
Register for event HERE
- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Nov 15 2021
- Time: 7:00 pm